With a recent grant from the Community Foundation of Northern Virginia, we improved the quality of life for 7 veterans, 7 caregivers, and 11 children – a total of 25 lives impacted. We found solutions to all 28 of the challenges these families asked us to address. Our Family Support Coordinators met these challenges by providing advocacy, purchasing a good or service, and/or leveraging a needed good or service from a teaming organization. The estimated value of the goods and services we were able to coordinate for these families is over $51,000. In other words, for every dollar of grant money spent, we coordinated an estimated value of $2.77 in goods and services.
Thanks to CFNV grant funding, we were able to provide and/or facilitate
• A generator to a family with a veteran on a ventilator
• A personal introduction to popular veteran social group
• Home repairs
• Auto repair
• Professional organizing services
• Advocacy that resulted in additional income for a family
• Emergency financial hardship assists
Just to name a few!